Imitation crab, or surimi, is made from mild white fish, colored and flavored so it tastes like crab.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced scallions, divided
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (8 oz.) frozen surimi, thawed and minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small skillet, combine olive oil, 1⁄4 cup scallions, and bell pepper over medium heat. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine cream cheese with mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Beat until smooth.
- Fold surimi into cream cheese mixture along with onions and green pepper; mix well. Place in a small baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes until dip bubbles around the edges and the cheese melts. Sprinkle with remaining scallions and serve.