Cranberry-Apple Granola Cookie Bars
These bars are like a cookie and a granola bar in one. There is no need to buy the packaged granola bars anymore. These are healthy and delicious.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 3 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 cups wheat-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ¾ cup ground flax seed
- ⅓ cup almond meal
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- 1¼ cups honey
- 1 tsp. wheat-free vanilla extract
- 2 oz. dried cranberries
- 2 oz. dried apple slices
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, walnuts, flax, almond meal, coconut, and salt. Place on baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve honey and vanilla in saucepan over low heat.
- Remove oat mixture from the oven and pour into a bowl. Lower oven to 300°F. Grease 9" × 13" glass dish with cooking spray.
- Add honey mixture to the bowl with the oat mixture, stir well, then add the cranberries and apples. Pour into greased dish and spread out evenly. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 2 hours to harden before cutting into bars.