Cranberry Apple Rosemary Stuffing
Spice up your Thanksgiving stuffing with this recipe! Cranberries and apples stuff even more flavor into every bite.
Serves: 12Prep: 30 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 10 cups (16 oz.) hearty white bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 5 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large Braeburn apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Cut bread into ½” cubes. Put bread cubes on a baking sheet in an even layer and allow to cook for 15 minutes, tossing bread cubes halfway through. Remove from the oven and put the bread cubes in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, sauté the butter, chopped celery and onion until lightly browned. Add apples and sauté until they are slightly softened. Remove from heat and toss in the cranberries, thyme, sage, rosemary, parsley and salt.
- Pour apple mixture over bread cubes. Combine the eggs with the chicken broth and pour over bread mixture until all bread cubes are soaked through.
- Spray an 8”x13” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread bread mixture into the baking dish in an even layer. Cover with foil and baked for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 30-40 more minutes.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.