Cranberry Banana Coffee Cake
Muffin mixes can be used to make lots of recipes besides muffins. Use this basic formula to create your own special coffee cake.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅓ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 box (15 oz.) banana muffin mix
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9" round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray containing flour.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, oats, and flour. Add melted butter; mix until crumbly.
- In large bowl, combine muffin mix, milk, orange juice, oil, and eggs; mix until blended. Fold in cranberries and spread into prepared pan. Top with oat mixture.
- Bake coffee cake for 25 to 30 minutes or until coffee cake starts to pull away from sides of pan and top springs back when lightly touched. Let cool 30 minutes, then cut into wedges to serve.