Cranberry Bean Dip
Use this savory dip for crudités or crackers or as a sandwich spread.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 5 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. cranberry beans, soaked overnight in water to cover and drained
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 quarts vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. virgin olive oil
- Place beans, onion, bay leaves, parsley, thyme, and broth in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Cook on high until the beans are very tender, about 5 hours.
- Drain and reserve the liquid. Remove the bay leaves, parsley, and thyme stalk.
- Purée the bean mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add a few spoonfuls of the reserved liquid and the oil to thin the mixture to a paste.