Cranberry Braised Brisket
Multi-purpose and great for busy holidays, this brisket can be eaten with potatoes, sweet potatoes or even as a sandwich.
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 2 hours 6 minutesTotal: 2 hours 26 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 3 lb. brisket
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Garlic Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add brisket and cook 3 minutes per side or until browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Add onions to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until softened.
- Combine brown sugar, salt, garlic powder, pepper and vinegar; rub evenly over the fat side of the brisket. Place rub side up in pan. Add cranberries and broth to pan.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours or until fork tender. Slice across the grain to serve. Serve with pan juices, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.