Cranberry Brown Sugar Cornbread
If you’re all about bread, this one is a must-try. Buttery and perfectly sweet, it’s great to pair with a savory meal.
Serves: 10Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow corn meal
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries
- Butter, to serve
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a 9”x9” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, buttermilk and eggs. Add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs.
- Allow to cool slightly, then serve with butter. Store leftovers in an airtight container.