This chutney is delicious, and it will take you right through the holiday season if you freeze it in containers or jars. Take it out when you need it for a meal of turkey, chicken, pork, or ham.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutes
- 1 large orange
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¾ lb. fresh cranberries
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 1 large Golden Delicious or Cortland apple
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- Remove peel and tough white membrane from orange; cut into small pieces. Combine with orange juice, cranberries, and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Peel apple, remove core, and chop. Add to cranberry mixture along with remaining ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 6–8 minutes until cranberries are popping. Chill until serving time.