For the very best flavor, allow these cookies to ripen a day or two at room temperature. The flavors blend together and the taste is much better.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped candied ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and shortening until creamy. Add molasses and egg; blend well.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt. Stir into butter mixture. Blend in cranberries, pecans, and candied ginger.
- Drop by teaspoons onto prepared sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely.