Dried cranberries and lemon juice add a tart flavor to these chewy cookies. This recipe yields about 40 cookies.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 3⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease two 9-by-13-inch baking sheets.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to mix together the butter and sugar. Gradually beat in the egg and lemon juice. Blend in the flour mixture. Stir in the dried cranberries.
- Drop a heaping teaspoon of dough onto the baking sheet. Space the cookies on the cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. (You will have more cookies than can fit on the 2 sheets and will need to use one of them again.) Press down gently with a wet fork.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and crisp. Remove and let cool. Store in a sealed container.