Happiness is a cranberry muffin with a splash of tart apple flavor and a zing of orange zest.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.In a medium bowl, combine oats with yogurt. Add egg, brown sugar, oil, and orange zest. Stir together.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift dry ingredients over yogurt mixture. Fold in until just combined.
- Toss cranberries with sugar. Fold in cranberries and apples. Spoon into prepared muffin tins. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.