Cranberry Orange Granita
Who says icy granitas have to be served only in the summer? The holidays are perfect for serving this festive granita, especially with a splash of celebratory champagne.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- Combine the zest and sugar with your fingers, until the sugar is pale orange and aromatic.
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients with the zested sugar, and heat over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place mixture in food processor or blender, and purée until smooth. Press through strainer to remove any remaining solids.
- Pour into a covered container and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove from freezer, and stir the frozen crystals into the center of the container with a fork. Return the container to the freezer, and repeat the process every 30 to 45 minutes, stirring carefully each time, until you have a fully frozen container of crystallized granita.