Cranberry Orange Scones
Sweet citrus-flavored scones make the perfect pick-me-up with a cup of tea in the afternoon or served at a special luncheon or party.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄4 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄3 cup cold butter
- 3 Tbsp. orange marmalade
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 3 tsp. grated orange zest
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 5 Tbsp. full-fat coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Using two knives or a pastry cutter, chop the butter into the flour mixture until butter pieces are pea-size. Stir in marmalade, orange juice, zest, 1 egg, cranberries, and pecans. Stir in 1⁄4 cup coconut milk until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough with your hands 10 times. Roll out the dough until it is a circle about 1⁄2 inch thick. Cut the dough into 8 triangles. Place triangles 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat the remaining egg with water and brush egg wash over the top and sides of each scone. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 20 minutes.
- While the scones are baking, mix the glaze by stirring coconut milk into confectioners’ sugar. Drizzle glaze over cooled scones.