Cranberry Orange Shortbread Cookies
These shortbread cookies are easy to prepare and take little time to bake. They are also a fun treat to bring to a holiday gathering.
Serves: 20Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup candied cherries, quartered
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, almond extract, vanilla extract and salt. Beat until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour and orange zest into the dough and mix until just incorporated. Fold in the almonds, cranberries and cherries.
- Form the dough into a ball, then form into a log shape, about 2” in diameter. Wrap with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, an hour. If frozen longer than an hour, transfer the dough into the refrigerator and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a cookie sheet with a nonstick silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator or freezer and slice into ¼” thick slices. Place on the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet, then serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container.