This condiment makes a perfect match with smoked turkey, so use it when you make sandwiches. Add it to brown rice for a major fiber fix. You can serve it on the side when you are carving a pork roast.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup cider vinegar
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped dried pears
- ½ cup diced sweet onion
- 1 tsp. grated gingerroot
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- Combine the sugar and vinegar in a nonreactive saucepan and heat over low until sugar dissolves.
- Add the fresh and dried cranberries, dried pears, and sweet onion to the pan along with the ginger, white pepper, and cloves.
- Turn the heat up to medium and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate in a covered container.