Granola is easy to make and versatile. Have fun with the recipe and swap out the pecans for walnuts, almonds, or raisins. Use sunflower seeds instead of pumpkin seeds. Try it with raisins instead of dried cherries or just leave out the dried fruit if it’s not your thing. Eat it with cold milk or yogurt or just pop it into your mouth as-is.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 300°F. In a large bowl, toss together oats, coconut, pecans, sesame seeds, and pumpkin seeds. In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the oats and mix well with your hands. Transfer to a baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, for about 45 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and gently stir in dried cherries and dried cranberries. Cool completely before eating or storing.