Cranberry Pecan Loaf
For a special morning treat, use this bread to make French toast. Simply beat together an egg and 1⁄2 cup milk, then coat bread slices in the mixture and fry in a skillet on medium heat until lightly browned.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, and beat for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in the juice, flour, baking powder, and orange zest; mix until just blended. Stir in the cranberries and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread stand in the baking pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire cooling rack.