Cranberry Pie Bites
These little mini-pies are great for a snack, or when you want a tart-sweet treat. For a glossy, elegant finish, you can brush the tops of the pies with a little egg wash.
Serves: 15Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14 oz.) refrigerated pie crust
- 1⁄2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pie crusts on a lightly floured surface and with a 3-inch round cookie or biscuit cutter, cut rounds out of the dough. Each crust should yield 15 rounds.
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, butter, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Lay out half the pastry circles and spoon out 1 teaspoon of filling onto each. Brush the edges of the rounds lightly with water, then place the remaining crusts over the top and press the edges to seal. Crimp the sides of the pies with a fork, then cut a small vent into the center of each pie with a paring knife. Transfer the pies to the prepared baking sheets and sprinkle each with a little sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or the pies are golden brown all over. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.