If you don’t want to use the pistachios, you can substitute the same amount of toasted almonds in this recipe.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup unsalted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix oil and sugar until blended. Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extract. Stir flour, salt, and baking powder together; whisk in. Add cranberries and pistachios.
- Divide dough in half; form each half into 12-by-2-inch rectangle on prepared baking sheets. Bake 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven; cool 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 275°F. Cut rectangles on an angle into 1⁄2-inch slices. Lay cookies on parchment; return to oven.
- Bake about 10 more minutes. Cool completely.