Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce
Traditionally served at holiday dinners, cranberry sauce can be enjoyed any time of year. Try this elegant upgrade, featuring ruby-red pomegranate seeds, tonight!
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Coconut Oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 bag (12 oz.) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 6-inch Simple Truth Organic™ Light Brown Sugar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot; cook, stirring constantly until softened, about 3 minutes. Add cranberries, pomegranate juice and brown sugar; season with salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have burst and sauce is slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in pomegranate seeds. Let sauce cool to room temperature before serving.