Cranberry Quick Bread
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter and flour a 9" × 5" loaf pan. Tap out the excess flour.
- In a bowl, using a wire whisk, stir together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the 4½-quart bowl of a heavy-duty electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter at medium speed for 2 minutes until creamy. While continuing to beat the butter, gradually add the sugar 1 teaspoon at a time until completely incorporated into the butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat the mixture for 1 minute more. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the buttermilk. Add the orange juice, orange zest, and vanilla to the batter and mix just until blended.
- At low speed, add the flour mixture to the batter one-third at a time and mix until blended. Stir in the cranberries. Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 70 to 75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Let cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Turn the bread out of the pan and let cool completely on the rack.