Cranberry Quinoa Cookies
Quinoa can be used for so many things, including these tart and nutty cookies!
Makes: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 34 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup melted coconut oil, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ripe medium banana, mashed
- 1 cup dried no-sugar-added cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- Thoroughly rinse quinoa in a sieve. Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Cover saucepan, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer until moisture is absorbed completely, about 12 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, add flour, sugar, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In a medium bowl mix oil, eggs, vanilla, and banana. Add to dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in cranberries and almonds.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop dough onto cookie sheet in even amounts (about 12 total) and place about 1 inch apart. Bake 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place cookies on cooling rack to cool.