Cranberry Rhubarb Cobbler
Serves: 9Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 4 cups cranberries
- 1⁄4 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 1⁄2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. egg whites
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-by-8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine rhubarb, cranberries, lemon zest, and 1 cup sugar.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water. Pour over fruit and stir to coat. Place in prepared baking dish and set aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together 1 tablespoon sugar, flour, ginger, baking powder, and salt. Add oil, milk, and egg whites; stir quickly until just mixed.
- Move dough to a floured work surface. Pat into a circle and cut rounds with a biscuit cutter or glass. Place the biscuits over fruit. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until dough is golden brown.