This sherbet can be a gorgeous deep pink or a light pink depending on whether you use regular or white cranberry juice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cranberry juice, divided
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat dry milk powder
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, combine gelatin and 1 cup cranberry juice; let stand for 5 minutes. Place over low heat and heat until gelatin dissolves completely.
- Add sugar and salt; stir over low heat until dissolved. Remove from heat and add remaining cranberry juice.
- Sprinkle milk powder over the cranberry mixture; beat in with a wire whisk or egg beater. Add corn syrup and lemon juice and mix well until combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9" × 5" loaf pan and freeze until almost firm, about 2 hours. Spoon back into the bowl and beat until fluffy. Pour back into loaf pan, cover, and freeze until firm, about 2 hours longer.