Cranberry Stuffed French Toast
Use thick slices of bread for this dish. The stuffing is easier and you’ll get a great big stuffed French toast.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 thick slices Challah bread
- 4 Tbsp. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Cut a horizontal pocket ¾ of the way through each slice of bread. Insert cream cheese and cranberries.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a shallow bowl. Dip the bread in the mixture and place in prepared skillet. Cook for 4 minutes on one side, then flip. Cook an additional 4 minutes on the second side. Serve hot.