Cranberry Sweet Bread
This orange-scented quick bread is studded with gorgeous cranberry gems. It makes the perfect takealong to holiday gatherings or a thoughtful gift to share with neighbors.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 14 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 2 cups fresh chopped cranberries, plus 24 whole cranberries for garnish
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 12 sprigs mint
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, butter, milk, and eggs. Beat just until smooth. Fold in 1 tablespoon orange zest and chopped cranberries.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 mini loaf tins. Bake for 22–25 minutes, or until the center of the loaves springs back when touched lightly. Remove and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, stir together confectioners’ sugar, milk, and remaining orange zest. Drizzle icing over loaves and garnish with whole cranberries and mint sprigs.