Cranberry Walnut Balls
These raw walnut and dried cranberry treats are simple to make and so delicious.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups rolled oats, divided
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat maple syrup and milk for 2 minutes, or until warm to the touch. Remove from heat.
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts to a finely ground flour-like consistency. Transfer one tablespoon of ground walnuts to a plate. Add 1⁄2 cup oats and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; mix together. Set aside.
- Add 1 1⁄2 cup rolled oats, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, and dried cranberries to the ground walnuts in the food processor. Process until ground to a paste. Add syrup mixture. With moist hands, divide mixture and shape into a dozen balls. Roll each ball in oat mixture until coated on all sides.
- Transfer to an airtight container and firm in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.