Cranberry-Walnut Bundt Cake
This flavorful cake is a festive addition to any winter holiday table.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups plus 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 8 oz. sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a Bundt pan with 1 tablespoon butter. Dust with 1 tablespoon flour and tap out excess.
- In a large bowl, cream together the remaining 1⁄2 cup butter and brown sugar. Once combined, add the milk, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla paste. Beat until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups all-purpose flour, white whole-wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just incorporated. Fold in walnuts, and cranberries.
- Pour into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake 55 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.