Cranberry Walnut Cookies
Perfect for a homemade treat you can individually freeze and enjoy anytime, or for the perfect star at a bake sale or get-together, these cookies are a great recipe you’re sure to enjoy!
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup Sucanat
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- ⅔ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil and olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the canola oil, Sucanat, vanilla extract, egg, and water until thoroughly blended. Add the oats, flour, dried cranberries, walnuts, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and mix well.
- Spoon the batter onto the prepared baking sheet by rounded spoonfuls, and bake for 10–15 minutes, or until golden brown.