Cranberry Walnut Oat Cookies
Amid all the chocolate during the holidays, these cookies are a lovely alternative, especially paired with tea.
Serves: 13Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 3⁄4 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup turbinado sugar
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine oat flour, rice flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Using a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars together on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and reduce speed to low. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add flour mixture, walnuts, and cranberries and mix until completely combined.
- Scoop about 1⁄3 cup dough for each cookie. Form balls between your palms and arrange on prepared baking sheets about 2″ apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until edges are golden. Let cool 2–3 minutes on baking sheets, and then transfer to wire racks to cool.