Cranberry Walnut Oat Cookies
Amid all the chocolate during the holidays, these cookies are a lovely alternative, especially paired with tea.
Serves: 13Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- 1 large whole egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine oat flour, rice flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Using a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars together on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and reduce speed to low. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add flour mixture, walnuts, and cranberries and mix until completely combined.
- Scoop about ⅓ cup dough for each cookie. Form balls between your palms and arrange on prepared baking sheets about 2″ apart. Bake 8–10 minutes, until edges are golden. Let cool 2–3 minutes on baking sheets, and then transfer to wire racks to cool.