Cranberry, Walnut, and Orange Chutney
This is excellent with duck, chicken, and, of course, turkey. Itʼs easy to make and will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Or make a lot and freeze it.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp. ground coriander seed
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- ½ cup walnut pieces, toasted
- In a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook shallots in oil until softened.
- Add cranberries, brown sugar, vinegar, water, coriander, pepper, and salt. Cook, stirring, until the cranberries have softened and the sauce has become very thick, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool and stir in orange zest and walnuts.