Cream Cheese, Bacon, and Jelly Sandwich
It may sound odd, but the combination of salty, sweet, and creamy make for an unbelievable breakfast or lunch. Try a jelly that works well with bacon, like apple, fig, cherry, or blackberry.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tsp. butter or margarine
- 2 slices bread
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 2 tsp. jelly
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Do not clean out the pan.
- Spread the butter or margarine over one side of a slice of bread. Add the cream cheese on top. Lay the bacon slices over the top. Spread the jelly over one side of the other slice of bread. Close the sandwich.
- Return the frying pan to the stovetop and heat on medium. Add the sandwich to the frying pan. Cook until the bottom is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Press down gently on the sandwich with a spatula while it is cooking.
- Turn the sandwich over and cook on the other side until browned and the cheese is nearly melted, about 2 minutes. Remove the sandwich from the pan and cut in half.