Cream Cheese and Butternut Squash Soup
This isn’t a healthy hippie vegetable soup—it’s a rich, decadent, stick-to-your-thighs soup. Nonetheless, it’s absolutely delicious. Top with a mountain of homemade croutons or serve with crusty French bread.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped into cubes
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 container (8 oz.) vegan cream cheese
- In a large skillet or stock pot, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and add vegetable broth, squash, curry powder, and nutmeg. Simmer for 25 minutes until squash is soft.
- Working in batches, purée until almost smooth or to desired consistency. Return soup to very low heat and stir in vegan cream cheese until melted, combined and heated through.