Cream Cheese and Butternut Squash Soup
This isn’t a healthy hippie vegetable soup—it’s a rich, decadent, stick-to-your-thighs soup. Nonetheless, it’s absolutely delicious. Top with a mountain of homemade croutons or serve with crusty French bread.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped into cubes
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ container (8 oz.) vegan cream cheese
- In a large skillet or stock pot, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil until soft, about 3–4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and add vegetable broth, squash, curry powder, and nutmeg. Simmer for 25 minutes until squash is soft.
- Working in batches, purée until almost smooth or to desired consistency. Return soup to very low heat and stir in vegan cream cheese until melted, combined and heated through.