Cream Cheese Cutouts
This is a soft, sticky type of dough that can be hard to work with. Chill overnight in the refrigerator and work with
Makes: 72 cookiesHands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 8 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 72 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Combine butter, sugar, and cream cheese; beat until well blended. Add almond extract, vanilla, and egg; beat until smooth. Add dry ingredients. Chill overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Roll dough out to ⅛" thickness on a surface that has been dusted with confectioners’ sugar.
- Cut into desired shapes; place on baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake 7–10 minutes. Cool completely; frost, if desired.