Cream Cheese Sugar Cookie Cutouts
Start a tradition of decorating Easter cookies with the kids or grandkids. This dough is easy to work with and the cookies are sturdy enough for little hands to do the decorating.
Serves: 48Prep: 1 hour 25 minutesCook: 1 hour 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces Philadelphia® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until mixed. Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; mix on low speed until mixed.
- Cover dough and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Heat oven to 375°F. Roll out half of the dough on floured work surface to 1/8" thickness; cut out shapes with floured cookie cutters.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or just until edges start to brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets, then cool completely on cooling rack.
- In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, shortening, corn syrup and 2 tablespoons milk with electric mixer on low speed until mixed; beat on medium speed until creamy, adding milk if necessary for spreading consistency. Frost cookies and decorate with sprinkles.