Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
These beautiful brownies are swirled with decadent cream cheese for an indulgent treat that’s surprisingly simple to make.
Serves: 16Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, separated, with yolk reserved for brownie batter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Supreme Original Brownie Mix
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom of 9”x9” pan with shortening or cooking spray. To make the filling, mix cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl, stirring with a spoon until smooth. Add flour, egg white and vanilla and mix until well blended. Set aside.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box with the addition of reserved egg yolk. Reserve ½ cup brownie batter and set aside. Spread remaining batter in pan.
- Spoon cream cheese filling evenly onto batter, one tablespoon at a time, to create 3 rows of 3 dollops each. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the reserved brownie batter into the center of each dollop of filling. Draw a knife through the dollops horizontally, then vertically to form a swirled design. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted at least 2” from the side of the pan comes out almost clean. Cool 30 minutes on a cooling rack. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Slice into bars and store