Cream of Broccoli Soup
This beloved soup recipe gets a clean makeover with the help of some thick yogurt and almond milk.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. broccoli florets
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- In a large pot over medium heat, bring the almond milk, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and broccoli to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and chill for 5 minutes. Using an immersion blender, emulsify the broccoli mixture until smooth. Add yogurt, ¼ cup at a time, and continue blending with the immersion blender until well blended. Serve hot or cold.