Cream of Carrot and Potato Soup
If you don’t have a food processor handy, throw the soup in a blender to purée.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 cups peeled and diced potato
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 cloves
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ tsp. salt
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the carrots, onion, celery, potato, garlic, and sugar, and sauté for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover the pot, and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Uncover the pot and add the cloves, pepper, and chicken broth. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low and simmer 20 minutes.
- Remove the cloves and allow the soup to cool slightly. Purée the soup in a food processor. Return to pot over medium heat and add salt. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until hot.