Cream of Carrot Soup with Coconut
This carrot soup will knock your socks off! The addition of coconut milk transforms an ordinary carrot and ginger soup into an unexpected treat.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3½ cups vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. cinnamon
- In a large soup or stock pot, bring the carrots, sweet potato, and onion to a simmer in the vegetable broth. Add garlic and ginger, cover, and heat for 25 minutes until carrots and potatoes are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a blender, and purée until smooth.
- Return soup to pot. Over very low heat, stir in the coconut milk and salt, stirring well to combine. Heat just until heated through, another 3–4 minutes.
- Garnish with cinnamon just before serving.