Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower is a fantastic vegetable in Paleolithic diet recipes. Blended cauliflower can be used as a thickener in recipes that normally call for potatoes or root vegetables. Best of all, cauliflower won’t spike your insulin levels.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh dill, plus additional for garnish
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a soup pot or Dutch oven, combine cauliflower, celery, carrot, garlic, onion, cumin, and pepper. Add enough water to just cover ingredients in pot. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in parsley and dill. Garnish with bacon and additional chives before serving.