Cream of Celery Soup
For extra flavor, garnish with parsley sprigs and 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 green onion
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cans (10 oz.) cream of celery soup
- 10 oz. chicken broth
- 10 oz. water
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- Wash the celery. Cut the celery and green onion into 1-inch slices on the diagonal.
- On a stove element, melt the butter in the fondue pot, add the chopped onion, and cook until tender. Mix in the cream of celery soup, chicken broth, and water and heat through. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Bring the fondue pot to the table and set on the stand. Add the celery and green onion to the soup and simmer briefly until tender. Allow everyone to serve themselves or ladle the soup into individual serving bowls. Garnish with black pepper and parsley.