Cream of Muesli
Once you have made the basic recipe, you have options for making your muesli even more nutritious and delicious. Enjoy some healthy decadence with a swirl of natural peanut butter topped with sliced banana and a sprinkle of cacao powder.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup hulled pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup hulled sunflower seeds
- ½ cup shelled walnuts
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten-free oat bran
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup finely ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup finely ground chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 6½ cups low-fat milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Add all ingredients, except milk and brown sugar, to a food processor. Pulse 20–30 times. Scrape sides of the work bowl. Pulse 20–30 times more until all seeds and nuts appear chopped to a coarse consistency.
- For each serving you want to make, scoop ½ cup muesli into a small saucepan and add ½ cup milk. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and stir 2–3 minutes. Transfer to a breakfast bowl and serve, sprinkling with brown sugar.
- Store leftover muesli mix in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.