Cream of Mushroom Soup
The traditional version of this beloved comfort food is loaded with cream, milk, and loads of salt. By cleaning up this warm, earthy soup, you can enjoy it anytime . . . guilt-free!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large white potato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped oyster mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek style yogurt
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the almond milk, potato, onion, and minced garlic over medium heat, and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes or until all contents are tender.
- Using an immersion blender, emulsify the potato and onion until completely blended and no chunks remain. Continuing over medium heat, add the mushrooms to the saucepan and simmer until all mushrooms are soft, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, add the yogurt, salt, and pepper, and, using the immersion blender, emulsify the mushrooms into the soup until only small bits of mushrooms remain.