This recipe is definitely not for somebody on a low-fat or low-carb diet. The cream cheese helps make the rich sauce for the corn. In fact, because of the cream cheese there will be enough sauce that if you need extra servings for a carry-in buffet, you can double the amount of corn you use and still have enough sauce.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutes
- 4 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Add corn to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cube cream cheese and slice butter; add to the slow cooker along with milk and sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 hours. Stir corn mixture, cover, and cook for about 2 more hours, watching it carefully and switching the slow cooker to the warm setting as soon as cream sauce is thickened. (The corn can scorch and change flavor if the heat is left too high for too long.) Keep warm until ready to serve.