Creamed Ham on Toast
This recipe uses a ham steak, but any ham will do, including lunchmeat or leftover baked ham. This is an easy, comforting dish.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 precooked ham steak, diced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 slices toast, cut in triangles
- Heat the ham in the butter in a skillet over medium until it is warmed throughout.
- Sprinkle with flour, cook a few minutes, and then add the milk and the seasonings.
- Cook until sauce thickens. Spoon over toast.