Creamed Lentil and Sweet Potato Soup
For a creamier soup, add 1 cup of fat-free sour cream or plain yogurt after cooking. Swirl cream and soup together gently.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1½ cups sweet potato, cubed
- 1 cup red lentils, cooked
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. all-purpose seasoning
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions and celery and cook on medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add carrots, sweet potatoes, lentils, bay leaf, garlic, all-purpose seasoning, and broth to saucepan. Cover and cook on medium for 10 minutes. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf and blend soup in batches in a food processor.
- Return soup to saucepan, add cilantro, and simmer for 5 minutes.