Here is a side dish that is a nice change of pace from the usual mashed or baked potato. These diced potatoes in a creamy parsley-flecked sauce are a good selection to serve with a baked ham and asparagus.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutes
- 4 medium russet potatoes (about 2 lbs.), peeled and diced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Bring potatoes and enough salted water to cover them to a boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan and stir the flour into it. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon. Add milk slowly to the butter and flour mixture and stir with a whisk to make a creamy sauce. Cook over medium heat, whisking until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add salt and parsley.
- Add the cooked potatoes to the creamy sauce and stir gently to coat the potatoes. Remove from heat.