This recipe is wonderful and can easily be doubled to feed a larger group. You can substitute half-and-half for the heavy cream to lighten this up.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 bags (10 oz.) fresh spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated Asiago cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Place spinach in a large stock pot, cover with water and cook over medium-high heat until wilted, about 2–3 minutes. Remove from heat and drain in colander until most of the liquid is gone.
- Place butter in large skillet and melt over medium heat. Add garlic, nutmeg, and shallot, and cook 3–4 minutes, until shallot is translucent.
- Add spinach and slowly pour in heavy cream. Sprinkle in Asiago and Parmesan cheeses. Continue to stir until sauce thickens, about 4–5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or hot.