Creamless Creamy Broccoli Soup
The creamy nutty flavor of the coconut milk in this recipe complements the broccoli nicely, but if you don’t like the coconut flavor, you can use heavy cream instead.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 cups sugar-free chicken broth
- 2 cups full fat canned coconut milk
- Heat butter over medium-high heat in a large stockpot. Add celery and onion and sauté until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add broccoli florets, salt, pepper, and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer until broccoli is fork tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and blend with an immersion blender until soup is smooth and creamy. Serve hot.