Creamy Apple-Jicama Coleslaw
Jícama is a root vegetable from Mexico. Its mellow flavor complements the tart apples and sweet cabbage to give this recipe a sophisticated flavor. You can buy jícama at some supermarkets and Latin markets.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. shallots, minced
- 2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tart green apple
- 1 cup peeled and cubed jícama
- 1⁄2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 Tbsp. minced parsley
- Stir mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, shallots, mustard, salt, and pepper together in a small mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Toss green cabbage, apple, jicama, red cabbage, and parsley together in a large mixing bowl. Pour dressing into slaw and toss well.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving. Mix well before serving.