Creamy Apple-Jicama Coleslaw
Jícama is a root vegetable from Mexico. Its mellow flavor complements the tart apples and sweet cabbage to give this recipe a sophisticated flavor. You can buy jícama at some supermarkets and Latin markets.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. shallots, minced
- 2 tsp. spicy brown mustard
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, finely ground
- 3 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1½ cups tart green apple, diced
- 1 cup peeled and cubed jícama
- ½ cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, diced
- Stir mayonnaise, vinegar, honey, shallots, mustard, salt, and pepper together in a small mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Toss green cabbage, apple, jicama, red cabbage, and parsley together in a large mixing bowl. Pour dressing into slaw and toss well.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving. Mix well before serving.